Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought to put some links and info together regarding performance parts for the N/A foresters.

Boxer4racing.com

Rallitek.com

SubaruWRXparts.com: Quality OEM and aftermarket parts for your Subaru Impreza, Legacy, and Forester.

Subaru Performance Parts, WRX, STi, Forester XT & More!

Tech Works Engineering is Subaru performance, upgrades and aftermarket parts

On naturally aspirated subaru, there are four sections to the exhaust. Starting from the front of the car, there is the exhaust manifold (or header), then the cat pipe (stock cat pipe has two catalytic converters), mid pipe (stock contains a resonator), and the axleback (muffler and piping).

Headers/Cat-pipes and mid pipes are interchangeable between 93-01' Imprezas and 98-02' foresters. Exact same pipes, meaning any aftermarket header, high flow cat, or mid pipe for the impreza will bolt right up to your forester. Axlebacks are a bit different, as the impreza is shorter, so you may have to use XL exhaust hangers or get the tip extended to come flush with the bumper. Stromung makes a forester specific muffler, and some people are modding WRX and STI cat backs to fit. I would stay away from WRX aftermarket exhausts on an n/a subaru, as the piping is too big and you will lose power/torque. *06+ N/A subies have a different header/catpipe set up. The older style headers and HFC pipes will not work on 06+ subarus*

Intakes from similar years N/A imprezas will fit. Direct bolt-on. Just be sure that if you have a 98-99' forester, you use an intake designed for a 98-99' impreza. This is due to the MAF (mass airflow) sensor found on the 98-99' models. Model years 2000-2004 use a MAP system, and you can make a DIY intake for pretty cheap. The MAF system started being used again in 2005+ models.

Lightweight crank pulleys are pretty much universal across the whole subaru line of cars (including turbo models).

Upgraded camshafts and other internals are just the same as parts for the N/A impreza (same EJ25 motor). Just be aware that 98' foresters and a small number of 99' Foresters had the DOHC motor. The rest have the SOHC. TWE makes cams/internals, and Delta Cams can regrind your stock cams to be more aggressive for a decent price. Untitled Document

Rallitek offers a PerfectPower6 (PP6) piggyback ECU for N/A subies, allowing adjustments to be made with timing and air/fuel mixture to get the most out of your mods. I-Speed also offers ECU reflashes for stock motors, or with different stages of mods. I know there is at least one member on here with his SF ECU reflashed. I - S p e e d U S A

RomRaider (open source tuning) is also available for 2005+ N/A subies. Info here: RomRaider - Open Source ECU Tools | Documentation / Rom Raider FAQ

Cobb tuning released an AccessPort for 2005+ N/A Imprezas through Rallitek. Currently they do not have forester maps or support, but with enough interest, they easily could start supporting the Forester community. I encourage you to email Rallitek and let them know that you're interested. http://www.rallitek.com/acimmt.html

If I forgot something, or you know of something that should be added, please reply and I will add it.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2008 Forester X Sport
12 Posts
Put a Turbo on a N/A 08 sport

I was wondering if anyone has ever added a turbo and inter cooler on to the naturally aspirated forester sport. I got an 08 sport and wasn't really into performance modding but now I love it. Any ideas where i can buy one that would fit and what other parts I would need thanks

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,599 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester X Sport
12 Posts
super charger

are there any other super charging options for the N/A forester and will that raptor one work on the 08 Forester Sport

·
Registered
2002 Forester S
270 Posts
The price of performance parts for a Subie is staggering. Similar parts from the well-known aftermarket houses for Detroit iron is 1/2 the price. $130 bux for a set of plug wires for a Subie, when I can get a set of MSD's or Taylors for my Camaro (8 wires versus 4 wires) from Summit for $60 bux is just plain stupid.

3 hundred bux for a muffler when you can get a Magnaflow for under a hundred?

Somebody is on crack.

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
580 Posts
Our cars are like lego's so we can take parts from other models with ease. this supercharger is for the same engine as the forester so it would work with minimal modding. Have fun!!!
That is a really cool product and it looks like a pretty easy install. Do you of anyone who has installed one?

·
Registered
1998 Forester
7 Posts
Alright I'm not sure if i'm on the right forum here but i want to do a wrx swap with my 98 forester like turn it in to a 5 speed turbo the motor and lower it now its stock right now other then the sound stuff i have done the motor has 150,000 on it so im thinking about doing a motor swap if anyone has any ideas on my case please help thanks

1 - 20 of 80 Posts