Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.5 XT Manual
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Think I've put up with the wind noise long enough, time for a new drivers side gusset. Anyone know any uk sellers of these? It's a my05 xt..

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
2005 2.0XT Auto
461 Posts
Try this first, old as the hills but worked a treat for me and many others:

Something new for you guys and it worked for me:woohoo:

1st open the window all the way down
2nd open the door completely
3rd take a good grip with your hands on the triangle that holds the mirror and take your knee and press your knee on the inside of the door and pull on the triangle without pulling too much on your mirror.

Done

this makes the rail guide your window much closer and make a good pressure on the rubber

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,944 Posts
Your nearest Dealer..........

Gusset assembly-door, right, 61158SA000

Gusset assembly-door, left, 61158SA010

Unless the gussets mounting screws/nuts have seized, it is possible to adjust them..........

·
Registered
2004 2.5 XT Manual
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

yeah already tried that a couple of times, it works for a few hours or so really but then sorta opens back up again and starts again :S..

its got 90k on the clock now so probs due a new one

·
Registered
2005 2.0XT Auto
461 Posts
Ahh, OK. I did mine once at about 50,000 and it worked a treat and has been absolutely fine ever since.

I must admit is was driving me up the wall, though. You have my sympathy...

·
Lucas
2004 Forester XT Manual
2,825 Posts
Hi,

Think I've put up with the wind noise long enough, time for a new drivers side gusset. Anyone know any uk sellers of these? It's a my05 xt..

Thanks
Chris
Instead of buying new gusset try method describe here:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/project-2-5xsti-105146/index15.html

To be honest will cost you much less and last much longer. I know guys who bought new gusset and still heard the noise. The problem is partially gussets and partially door seal.

It have done it some time ago and it is spot on. 110k on clock.

·
Registered
2004 2.5 XT Manual
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the tubing? Yer done that which slightly helped but think it's definitely the gusset now ie if I push on that area while it does it it gets quieter.. Shame there's nowhere online that sells them.. Will have to find a stealer now...

Cheers

·
Registered
2004 2.5 XT Manual
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
£122 inc. VAT from the dealer near me... damn thats a lot was hoping more towards the 60 - 70 quid mark..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts