Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking all over for a simple, straightforward, block that will accept about 4 standard automotive blade fuses, and wires in the range of 10-12ga. Preferably covered. I've tried eBay and the places in my Sources Thread, and all I can come up with is this one from MCM Electronics. It's pretty much ideal except for not having a cover. And it would also be nicer in my application to have the terminals on one side fully strapped together for a clean, one wire connection to the battery. And considering shipping cost, I'd feel obliged to rummage through MCM's catalog and buy a bunch more stuff to make it worthwhile! :icon_wink:

Stuff I find elsewhere is too expensive and too glorified. Gold plated, 80 Amps, 4ga wire, wrong kind of fuse—that kind of thing. Meant for high power amps and bling.

Anybody encountered something like this?

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting site. It might have just what I'm looking for. Thanks. I've already found one item that comes close to what I need. And many that are way, way out of sight! I'll dig deeper into it.

If you've had experience with them, why not write up a review and add it on to my Sources Thread.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Painless Performance Wiring is usually used on Domestics, offroad, and custom applications.
Here is something that might work, but the site is full of stuff that you can use:
Painless Performance: CirKit Boss®™ Auxiliary Fuse Block/7 Circuits/Weatherproof OffRoad

Absubtle
CO
I have this and it's awesome. It's really the right way to do axillary wiring, not to mention that it makes disabling/diagnosing a snap.

I actually have an extra one (new). If you decide to go this route, I'll be able to save you some bucks.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking in the range of $8, not $98! Just a simple fuse block.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,099 Posts
I have no idea what your project is, but the fuse block from MCM Electronics has a very nice price! As to needing to buy more parts to make it work... that's what your "saved" (hoarded) stuff is for! :wink:

As to an enclosure or cover. With your facricating expertise, you come easily come up with something. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have no idea what your project is, but the fuse block from MCM Electronics has a very nice price! As to needing to buy more parts to make it work... that's what your "saved" (hoarded) stuff is for! :wink:
Yes, but I'd prefer to have a cover on it for protection against splash since it will be in the engine compartment.

Buying more stuff at MCM is to average down the shipping cost! Yes, I've already got most of the rest of the stuff 'in stock.'

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,099 Posts
^^ Very nice & a reasonable price! :cool: If I needed one, I'd be looking at that! :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about this one:
Very pretty. It's going on the list of possibilities. Thanks, Jim.

If nothing else, I've flushed out a bunch of recommendations for good places!.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
In case you missed my edits, take a look at the 5028 as well.

HTH!
Jim / crewzer

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Very pretty. It's going on the list of possibilities. Thanks, Jim.

If nothing else, I've flushed out a bunch of recommendations for good places!.
Hey Bruce. Why not hit up the junkyard and get an OEM fuse block out of a car? Or better yet when I was adding a slew of FARKLE to my motorcycle, I bought a second motorcycle fuse block. It has a single +12v and then separate leads for each fuse.

Something like this:

1990 90 Honda CBR 600 F Hurricane * Fuse Box * : eBay Motors (item 250592693545 end time Mar-14-10 11:52:16 PDT)

or this:

Honda Magna V65 Fuse Block / Box : eBay Motors (item 230445247111 end time Apr-03-10 12:44:42 PDT)

Not sure if they are what you need.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, Todd. You had better luck on eBay than I did. I think I was drawn toward car audio stuff. I'll dig deeper.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts