Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a '00 Forester "S" 2.5 and am curious as to what your recommendations would be for first mods on a budget. Would it even be worth it with 166K miles or do you think there's still a lot more on this engine? Lastly, does anyone have any remedy for tranny slip? Thanks for all the help!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,938 Posts
First some questions.
  • Was the timing belt & associated parts changed at 105K miles?
  • Have you had your AT checked by a shop?
Is it worth MODding? Sure, if you think it's worth it & you plan on keeping it for awhile. :wink:

The first MOD depends on what you feel needs improving on your Forester. I started with appearance. That would be window tinting & perhaps a rear spoiler. Next for sound system upgrades if you feel something better is needed. You could add an axle back exhaust if you want that. About now would be would be a good time for wheels & tires. Then on to front & rear sway bars. The list is endless & you can do the MODding that fits your budget. :cool:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2000 Forester
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First some questions.
  • Was the timing belt & associated parts changed at 105K miles?
  • Have you had your AT checked by a shop?
Is it worth MODding? Sure, if you think it's worth it & you plan on keeping it for awhile. :wink:

The first MOD depends on what you feel needs improving on your Forester. I started with appearance. That would be window tinting & perhaps a rear spoiler. Next for sound system upgrades if you feel something better is needed. You could add an axle back exhaust if you want that. About now would be would be a good time for wheels & tires. Then on to front & rear sway bars. The list is endless & you can do the MODding that fits your budget. :cool:

Yes, all of the normal things were replaced/tuned at 105k so we're good there! I just recently replaced the valve cover gaskets as they were leaking and yes, the AT was flushed and gaskets replaced about a year ago. Do you have any good suppliers/sites where you get your Forester parts? From what I have observed, a lot of people like to overprice on very minuscule items! Thanks for the help and I will take it into account and hopefully keep people updated on yet another Forester MODding!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,938 Posts
Factoy/OEM parts are on the expensive side. :icon_eek: I usually get my parts from Jackie (SubaruPartsGirl), Annapolis Subaru (866) 509-3019, a supporting vendor here on the forum. I try to support the vendors that support our forum. :wink:

As to other placed to find parts. I do the usual google search & there's always eBay. :cool:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts