Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I buy a new Forester, my first Subaru and my first AWD. So you know we'd get no snow here in the northeast US. Really sucks.

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
Ah men, I grew up in MI, but have spent the past 5 years in SoCal and Florida. I moved up here to Minnesota to get some freekin snow, and it's 32 and dry. really! is up with that???

B

·
0 Posts
Yeah I know. This is the first Winter for my subie too. Weird weather. I heard that a lot of places in Asia had huge snow, too huge!! But definitely, here in northeast, it's an abnormal year.

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
Snow?

Snow? We got snow! Not as much as usual, but if you're really missing it, I'm attaching an image captured along a trail not far from home (Anchorage, Alaska).
-Quick

Attachments

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
We got about 5" to 6" yesterday and are supposed to get another 1 to 2" tonite. It'll all melt by the weekend. From what I hear, it's quite abnormal... some of the guys I work with went golfing on Friday & Saturday cuz it was 55 and sunny out. Insane!

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Ask and you shall receive! NWS has issued a Heavy Snow Warning! Yeee haw! 4 to 8"

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,251 Posts
mikebike357 said:
Ask and you shall receive! NWS has issued a Heavy Snow Warning! Yeee haw! 4 to 8"

Cool, my parents should be getting 3"-6" on Cape Ann.
I'll need to call them. Here in Atlanta it seems like winter has been cancelled this year.

·
Premium Member
2014 RDX AWD W/Tech
745 Posts
I'm supposed to be waking up to snow. What's that? LOL. It was 60 degrees out for the past 2 Fridays. Snow in Pittsburgh....who would have thought.

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
On contrary in Moscow (Russia) it is ridiculously cold now. Normally the winter temperature there is between minus 10 and minus 20 Celsius, but this winter it is minus 30 during the day, at night it is getting to minus 35 and lower. Cars refuse to start in the morning and people who don't have remote starters go outside every like 3-4 hours at night to warm up cars in order to be able to use them in the morning.

Quick reference:
-15 C = 5 F
-35 C = -31 F

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
Ho-hum...

Aleksey-
Fairbanks Alaska, a couple of hundred miles north has been getting some of your weather (minus 35 is not uncommon that far inland). Not all cars will start, and planes are grounded, but life goes on. But a few Alaska sites are getting record cold weather further north...approaching -80 degrees Fahrenheit...
Whattaya do? Some go to Seward Alaska for the Polar Bear Plunge...friends of mine go scuba diving, under 8" of ice...they say standing upside down (with floatation) 'on' the underside of the ice goes along way towards clearing winter's mental cobwebs!
Here in Anchorage, it's heading back down to 0 degrees F.
-Quick

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
I'm glad I'm not there then :)
I don't like being cold, although I do like snow. Go figure. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah. It's been pretty warm here in Raleigh, NC. We had a cold spell in Dec. Just for like 3 weeks. Then Christmas time, it was up in the 60's, and it's been like that since. Let's see what the ground hog will say on 2 Feb. I miss the snow. But I too hate the cold. Why can't it snow and be 80 out. =)

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
hey even us in canada arnt getting snow I'm going up to the snow belts to find some no luck yet. we only had 4 good snow storms but I've been working for all of them :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
no snow here as well. but look at the black sea...
minus 15 celsius, with strong wind "real feel" minus 31 celsius

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
We broke a new temperature record on Monday; it was 76 F here (approx. 24 C). :p

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
well, the weather man lied AGAIN! 4 to 6" LIAR!!! Just a coating of wet snow. Nothing exciting... the road crews could easily keep up with it. :(

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,011 Posts
We have been getting our fair share in the Washington cascades. At one point it was snowing well over an inch an hour. The pic is from last weekend at Stevens Pass Ski resort. My Forester was buried after only 5 hours. They recieved over 20" of new snow that day, and the road conditions were "Chains required on all Vehicles, expect AWD with Traction tires".
The Suby performed perfect. No sliding or anything. I saw a 99 Forester with stock tires slide into a guard rail so I was very happy we bought snowtires a few months ago. It definity made a difference.

J

·
0 Posts
I just returned from Mammoth mountain and they had a base of around 14 feet. I think they received all your snow, and most of it fell in January.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts