Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious here....

I will be getting my 03xs tinted in the next several weeks & wanted to know where other Ontarians have gone to get theirs tinted?

I have always had good luck with Tint King on Midland Ave in Scarborough....any other recommendations or suggestions are appreciated & how much did you pay? :cool:

:bigok:

·
Registered
2005 Ford Escape
83 Posts
Yep, I would've suggested that same Tint King!

Grew up right around there, but unsure of any prices since I have yet to tint any of my windows.

Another place my parents refer people to, is the Tint King up in Markham.

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
+1 for tint king or look on the toronto suby club they do group buys I got my legacy done for $150 cash

·
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
subiegrlfriend said:
Yep, I would've suggested that same Tint King!

Grew up right around there, but unsure of any prices since I have yet to tint any of my windows.

Another place my parents refer people to, is the Tint King up in Markham.
The Tint King in Markham is out of business......I had my Lexus done there a while back & the guy screwed it up.....so much so I had his job & had the whole car redone......I'd never take a car of mine again to that location anyway if it was still in business.

The one in Scarborough I have never had any problems.....should have did that to begin with for my Lexus......I won't make the same mistake twice though. :)

·
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GIT-R-DONE said:
+1 for tint king or look on the toronto suby club they do group buys I got my legacy done for $150 cash
I'll check it out bud......was it in fact Tint King for the $150?

I also want either 3M or Llumar brand scratch resistant film. :cool:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I'm more from the ottawa region, but for me, I called every shop trying to find someone that would do 20% all around. It wasn't easy.

·
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bland said:
I'm more from the ottawa region, but for me, I called every shop trying to find someone that would do 20% all around. It wasn't easy.
That's the 20% (medium shade) I will be doing on my 03 XS (I usually offer to sign a waiver form or something so not to make the tint shop liable). I think the same shade all round looks the best myself. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT PP
10,114 Posts
I got mine done at a local place called "Cruiser Division." They actually outfit all the Police and Sheriff cars here locally, but also do window tinting on the cheap.

·
Registered
2005 Ford Escape
83 Posts
Lexusfreak said:
The Tint King in Markham is out of business......I had my Lexus done there a while back & the guy screwed it up.....so much so I had his job & had the whole car redone......I'd never take a car of mine again to that location anyway if it was still in business.

The one in Scarborough I have never had any problems.....should have did that to begin with for my Lexus......I won't make the same mistake twice though. :)
yikes!

·
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
subiegrlfriend said:
Yup, I made a mistake to take my Lexus there....only reason why is because it was closer to my home than the Scarborough location.....I can just say it's worth the extra 15min drive for a great job. :)

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
I know a guy that's been doing this for 20+ years... great job, great guy... but he's in Kitchener, Ontario... he did a gb for the TSC awhile back...

·
Registered
2006 2500X
113 Posts
We Cdns need tinted windows? Well if you say so, but think I will leave mine stock, though the milage I put on my cage in the summer time is very small as most of my milage is on my m/cs. Cold November to even now in March that is the prime time I will use my Forester. Well groceries, 8L containers of water & such is one of the others uses of the vehicle. Sorry, but just kidding about the tinting only I could not resist it.

Sort of like all the m/c riders on the boards asking what sort of system they can put on their bikes for more noise & possibly power when for yrs all I have used is stock exhaust systems. I have no answer for the glare of the early morning sun on their full face helmets for it is just something we suffer & have tied dark to light smoked, but keep on going back to clear helmet visor. So yes if you are under the assumption that the m/cs are not with stock exhaust systems there is a 75% chance you are correct.

·
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Smitty said:
We Cdns need tinted windows? Well if you say so, but think I will leave mine stock, though the milage I put on my cage in the summer time is very small as most of my milage is on my m/cs. Cold November to even now in March that is the prime time I will use my Forester. Well groceries, 8L containers of water & such is one of the others uses of the vehicle. Sorry, but just kidding about the tinting only I could not resist it.

Sort of like all the m/c riders on the boards asking what sort of system they can put on their bikes for more noise & possibly power when for yrs all I have used is stock exhaust systems. I have no answer for the glare of the early morning sun on their full face helmets for it is just something we suffer & have tied dark to light smoked, but keep on going back to clear helmet visor. So yes if you are under the assumption that the m/cs are not with stock exhaust systems there is a 75% chance you are correct.
Ummmm......alright. :wtfeyes

·
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
subiegrlfriend said:
Any reason you're not going straight to the Midland Ave. Tint King?
Wanted to ask members if they recommend any other places that I can add to my short list first.......but it's sounds like the Midland ave Tint King is the best out there in my area. :)

H

·
0 Posts
twg said:
I know a guy that's been doing this for 20+ years... great job, great guy... but he's in Kitchener, Ontario... he did a gb for the TSC awhile back...
Can you pass on his name and location. I can use someone down here for some tint work.

·
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think my FXS will be tinted next week.....when we get a nice day, I will have it cleaned & post pics. :grin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts