Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Subaru WRX 5mt
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

There are two plugs by the passenger side of my engine bay that are unplugged after my engine build. I don't think they connect to anything but why would they be there in the first place right?

One is by the EBCS, it's a gray female two prong plug with an orange center, the other is by the fuel rail on the engine, another gray female two prong plug with an orange center.

Does anyone else have these? Im thinking they are for something that never got used on this car like an EGT probe or something.

Thanks for the input

I can snap a pic if needed.

-Dave

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Both plugs are pretty normal to be disconnected on a modified car. They may need jumpers/resistors stuck in them, or the codes can be removed with your tune.

The one by the boost controller is most likely the egt plug, as iirc only that and the BCS use a 2 prong in that area. If you have a catless uppipe you don't need the egt probe, so you can remove the code with a tune or put a resistor in that plug. A 2.2K ohm resistor will make the car think the egt probe is there and reading normally.

The one by the fuel rail is probably from the turbo inlet tube. Do you have an aftermarket turbo inlet (the one that goes under the intake manifold)? The stock one has a plug where the valve breather hoses are plumbed in (the hoses that connect to the metal T piece on the stock intercooler). The plug has no sensor on these cars, it's just a metal jumper in the plug. I removed the jumper from the plastic piece, inserted it into the car-side plug and taped it all up out of the way.
Here's the plug with the jumper removed:

You can see the connector where this all joins up on the stock turbo inlet, the one above the bov connector. Aftermarket inlets just have a standard nipple in that location:

·
Registered
2005 Subaru WRX 5mt
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AHA! Yes this makes perfect sense :)

Thanks a lot! I will clip that connector and solder the wires together, I will never need that connector.

No CEL for the up pipe EGT I think my tuner accommodated for that.

-Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts