·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to make sense of the on line Car Tax Bands..:huh:

Question.

A 2005, 2 litre XT Manual.

What will the Road Tax be for the next 3 years please??

Regards

AM

·
Registered
10 Posts
What are the CO2 emissions on that?

If it's the one I've just been looking at on Parkers' then it prodcues 232 g/km and is in band K. By my reckoning that's:

2009/10
£215.00 - 12 months
£118.25 - 6 months

2010/11
£245 - per year (can't see a 6 month rate)

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
188 Posts
I dont want you guys to think that im boasting but i just re-newed my tax which cost me
£157 for the next 12 months ,not sure how our system works over here but it sounds like its a lot cheaper than mainland uk.

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Nobert.

On the IOM is it true you have no speed limits outside Towns or is that a TT Myth???

Regards

AM

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
188 Posts
yes its true,but not on all roads out of town ,when i take my dog out for a walk up towards the mountain we often do 125mph and hes ok with it, but dont be fooled cos if mr plod is having a bad day or some old guy is not happy with your speed the old bill will call at your house for a chat !!!

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes its true,but not on all roads out of town ,when i take my dog out for a walk up towards the mountain we often do 125mph and hes ok with it, but dont be fooled cos if mr plod is having a bad day or some old guy is not happy with your speed the old bill will call at your house for a chat !!!
TD do you realise how lucky you are???:huh::huh::huh::huh:

Regards

AM

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
188 Posts
last tt my son got the new mgtf500 in orange with black wheels etc so he thought he was a bit of a player and asked me if i was up for a little race,!!!just to see if the old mans fozzy was still the quickest car on the drive:) , it took me a while to think about it(1 second)and off we went!! Of course the forester was the quickest so he asked if he could go first on the way home so being completely irresponsible i said yes but told him that the police would be at the bottom of the mountain road where the speed limit goes back to 40 mph and to make sure he was doing 40 before he hit the sign.......73 mph in that 40 zone got him £350 fine and 3 points and yes of course it was my fault,so its ok going fast here as long as you know were the limits are ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts