Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester SportsXT AT
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was browsing pics in the wheel gallery and noticed this body kit on another memeber's ride.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
Good question mac..Where is the members link? Better yet..paging Neoshi..

BTW, you getting any sema/subie events in this year?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pm'd the member but apparently he lives in eastern Europe. I was hopinng somebody would chime in on how to get one in America.

And no, no car events for me lately. Just workin' a lot.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
hello hello!

this is all oem subaru stuff (unless it is a CF replica, but it looks more like a CF print vinyl overlay).

The skirt is the JDM FSTI SG D-E (with FSXT front bumper, which is 06-08 FSTI in Japan) one but the difference is hardly noticeable from the 06-08 USDM one (which is straight all the way back, but thicker than 03-05 USDM skirts). it has a small bump upward about 3/4 the way down/back the skirt and flares outward a bit.

The lip is the optional XT Limited lip. Needs to be imported.

The rear spat is the "standard" rear bumper spat for JDM Foresters. It also needs to be imported.

Japanparts or EDO Performance (Yohann). He has a shipment prepped to leave Japan in 2 weeks.

Is the member in Europe? Europeans and Australians have an easier time obtaining these parts because they get JDM or close to JDM spec vehicles.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the info! That rear spat looks like a long usdm one and not a jdm short one to me which is what piqued my interest. That and the side skirts. That lip wouldn't work for me as I have a sports bumper so I'd prolly just try and get a front 08 fsxt lip instead.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
yeah those rear spats do fit our bumpers (a few of us have it) but they are not a USDM part and SOA won't carry it for us :(

IMO, the side skirt isn't worth changing if you have an 06-08, as the footprint of the car is already widened by your fatter skirts.

as for the lip, there is an optional JDM lip that fits the sports bumper too... and not the v-limited style that is offered in the US for ridiculous $$$

Reference:

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
The lip in the OP was available as an option on most XT models in pretty much every area but the US. Kind of surprising that they never gave that to the US as it would fit the usdm bumper.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
seriously. but i guess to be fair, our USDM style is the JDM "standard" style and people there don't even mod the standard style that much so they probably thought the same for us (and they were probably right).

well with subaru making more money now, and having given the new gen Forester at least the lip and grille, i'm hoping the practice will continue. but it's far too late for us :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts