Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any rental places in Socal that rent out various Subaru vehicles?

I would love to have an SF, 04 NA, etc for the day!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
I think Hertz rents Subarus, but you'd be hard-pressed to find anything more than a year or so old. Rental companies like to keep their fleets current.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
lol why do you need to rent a subie? in socal.. i've never seen one. not even here in the airport fleet. in WA on the other hand...

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
We have tons of Subies for rent up here, but they are always the current model. Once they get around 30k on them they go to the used car lots. I pass Sound National Leading daily, and they only sell former rentals. Lots of 08 Imprezas, 09 Foresters, and 08 Outbacks go thru there.

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol why do you need to rent a subie? in socal.. i've never seen one. not even here in the airport fleet. in WA on the other hand...
Why? Because it's easier to develop parts when you have the vehicle sitting in your garage!

If I had an SF, I would be able to bang out those hood struts, lift spacers, new alt. cover, and new radiator shroud.

Make sense? :biggrin:

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,542 Posts
Hertz. When I went to Hawaii a few years ago they gave me an 05 x (got me hooked on Foresters!). I cringed because I though I was getting a Camry, but I soon realized I was in a much better vehicle, especially when surfing! I doubt they will have the year you want though.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Why? Because it's easier to develop parts when you have the vehicle sitting in your garage!

If I had an SF, I would be able to bang out those hood struts, lift spacers, new alt. cover, and new radiator shroud.

Ah right.. I figured but wasn't sure. Just don't forget to remove them before you return the car! Say.. is the 04 NA different from 05+ NAs?

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,078 Posts
I rented an Outback from Hertz also when I went skiing in Colorado.

Another route to take (and might be cheaper since its by the hour) is ZipCar and CityCarShare. In the Bay Area both offer Subarus.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts

Wouldn't it be easier to buy one cheap? I mean, it wouldn't even have to be in running condition for those purposes. You can probably source a defunct SF for less than a grand these days. I see them pop up as parts cars on CL all the time...

Then, when you're done with it, just part it out.

·
Registered
2004 fxt
617 Posts
does rommel(tallazzpilipino) have an SF still? if he does ask him if you can use it for the day i'm pretty sure he doesn't drive it now that he has a XT.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
Buy a beater...lol. Write it off, and use it for hauling parts...Future track car?

Here is the one our nanny was going to buy, but she bought a local sentra...now she is complaining about the trunk size!!!!lol:N_poke:

2000 Subaru Forester L

1 - 13 of 13 Posts