Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a nail through my side wall and was informed that it could not be repaired... I am quoted prices by several places in town for $175 for ONE tire and NO ONE HAS THEM IN STOCK!

They are on factory back order from everyone, I have called every yokohama tire dealer within 50 miles of where I live... the subaru dealer doesnt even have any :yell: :yell: :yell:

And to top it off, these damn 17" wheels, 225/55/R17 have NOTHING good available otherwise...

I am so pissed right now, I am going up to the woods this weekend and now I cant because im driving around on a freaking doughnut tire because apparently Yokohama temporarily stopped making a tire offered standard on brand new 09 vehicles :yell: W T F

What other tire sizes fit on the 09 17" XT rim?... I'm looking for something with a larger diameter.

edit: ok i've been playing with tire sizes, I'm looking for something with a longer sidewall to get a big more ground clearance... Does anyone know how large I can go before I start to rub?

Stock = 225/55/R17

Could i get up to 235/65/R17?

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,790 Posts
Links to Tirerack won't work here (for reasons beyond our control), as you'll see if you click that link. Go there directly, and/or check out our supporting vendor Discount Tire Direct, who promises to match Tirerack's delivered price.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yea im on tire rack does anyone know if this will fit without rubbing?
Could i get up to 235/65/R17?

There are much more options for all-terrain tire at that size. (will they fit on the stock wheel?)

(approx 2.3" more diameter and 1cm wider)...
(not concerned about speedo)

edit: going into sticky

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just checked out the Discount Tire site - it has exactly the same sort of tire finder. And they have stores in Ohio! Yippee!

The reviews I've read on the OEM tires have not been very good, though I realize that getting something different means getting four new tires. While I would probably use a single punctured tire as an excuse to replace all four with the best I can find, I'm mad. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
I just checked out the Discount Tire site - it has exactly the same sort of tire finder. And they have stores in Ohio! Yippee!

The reviews I've read on the OEM tires have not been very good, though I realize that getting something different means getting four new tires. While I would probably use a single punctured tire as an excuse to replace all four with the best I can find, I'm mad. Your mileage may vary.
Off topic, but when did you join? Glad to see another local.

On topic.

Good luck finding them. I would rather buy something a tad better, or maybe a member might be selling just one.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I feel your pain! I had to replace one of my Geolanders with less then 1000 miles on it when i first got my forester. My situation was different (vandalism).

NO one had one locally and the only place that carried them was the dealer at $210 EACH! A local tire shop could order one for about $15 less and i'd have to wait. So i chose to go to the dealer.

I can't believe they stopped making them temporarily...In less then a year that i've owned the Forester, i've had to have the front passenger side tire repaired twice for getting punctured.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
43 Posts
I had a sidewall puncture about 4 months ago and I thought I had to buy new tires....well, good thing I didn't co'z the tire shop in my neighborhood fixed it up. I was skeptical at first, but after driving my "supposedly" unfixable puncture (per Costco etc.) for the last 4 months it's still good. I went on a mountain, unpaved, rough road just to test it out and it's still going strong. And that was a good $15 spent!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts