Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Mr. November 2008
2015 BMW 335d xDrive GT Auto
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there were more of us on the old forum, or at least there was more discussion !

Maybe we've run out of things to discuss ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
We do seem to have either lost people or we've all become trappists.
But a question which may start views.
The ancient quest for the best front pads to fit Subaru 4 pot calipers available in the UK as mine are approaching the change point. I don't want OEM as they turn my alloys into a graphite colour PDQ. so views please. I have the post in the brake forum but they are all US products and the shipping would probably be too expensive.
I have a prejudice against Greenstuff for the same reason but maybe they have got better in the last three years.

X

·
0 Posts
I'm here though very much a newbie

To be honest logging on is easy but posting anything is difficult at the moment!

·
Mr. November 2008
2015 BMW 335d xDrive GT Auto
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Ferodo DS2500 seem well-regarded, but Scoobynet search is switched off so I can't find the actual references. I recall some discussions about the dust or lack of dust a while back.

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
are there any differences in the Subaru 4 pots, as I will need to change pads and havnt a clue as to what to order

Anyone got pics of the different pads

·
Registered
249 Posts
Experience says the four pots are a standard design across all Subarus with them fitted - ie later classic imprezas JDM or UK. I think Japan got them earlier than we did but as far as I know that is the only difference. Not sure about the timeline in Foresters.
I'm not sure of the vintage of my four pots as they came from GradeA Subaru in Derbyshire and so are from a broken late classic Impreza.
Demon Tweeks will help sort out the right pads or try GradeA for advice as they have always been helpful in the past.

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
I'm still here - flitting between scoobynet and here and still no closer to a decent suspension upgrade.. ;)

R

·
0 Posts
i am also here. Still a nooby but also can be found on the tiger and Pistonhead list

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
I'm in the middle of tonsilitus so have had no interest in anything for nearly a week :(

...and btw , it hurts to buggery

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
Nice

Ive just found out I have to have all my wisdom teeth out

and

babies due in 4 weeks

and

we have sold the house and need to move in the next 3 months

and

I have to get both Subarus MOTd

and

the pile of performance goodies isnt getting any smaller, where does all the time go?

But

apart from that everythings fine

C

·
0 Posts
Another Brit here - in the far north of Scotland. Just ordered a Forester XTE Auto in Crystal Grey, delivery due late April or early May. I hate waiting!!

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
My T/tb is still here, oh, and myself !!!
Just back from a two week holiday in Kenya-fantastic !

Brian

·
Registered
214 Posts
well i've still been here albeit flumaxed a little at the old holding page............................

nice to see the 'old school' still skulking around.......

whatever happened about the meet?? or should i not mention it?? LOL.........

alyn

·
Premium Member
97 s/tb
983 Posts
Damn I knew someone would mention the meet

I get back online @ work next week so I'll get on it

1 - 20 of 41 Posts