Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5 XS
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been surfing this website since August 2007 when I bought my 2004 Subaru Forester 2.5 XS. I've been a member a while, and almost posted on many occasions, but never got around to it. I've learned a ton from you guys, and enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the forums.

I bought a two-tone Silver Forester, Automatic Slushbox, you know the one. Got it with 14XXX on the clock and have a little over 53XXX today. Was owned by a little old couple in Southern Georgia, and other than the fact that they used it as a smoking room, it was in perfect shape.

Smoky haze has now long faded away. I've done all the maintenance myself as I'm a motorcycle technician by trade, and wrench on cars as a hobby.

I wanted an XT with a MT but, as life would have it, you sometimes have to settle. I'll probably give it to my girl and buy an XT within the next year or two.

Only real modifications have been seriously dark dark tint as I live in this big ant mound they call Las Vegas. I've learned to love the car, regardless of the unkind words my biker friends have to say about it. But a paid off car is a paid off car.

I hope to continue learning with you gents as long as I can, and plan to turn the Forester into a more off-road oriented camping companion, possibly an all-out adventure vehicle if I can snag a good XT in the short-term. Subarus are good stuff, and driven by good people.

I say to you, hello, what up, and all that good stuff.

Drew

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
229 Posts
Welcome from a former long-time lurker.

"I hope to continue learning with you gents as long as I can"

Please don't discount the ladies' input on this board, or you will miss out in a big way.

Happy motoring,
David

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,085 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Thanks for the formal introduction. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Please don't discount the ladies' input on this board, or you will miss out in a big way.
I'd have to agree! :biggrin:

Welcome Drew, hope you'll enjoy the site.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5 XS
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh, but instead of "gentlemen" did I actually mean "gentle-people"?

Now who's sexist?

Kidding. I'm sure we all have knowledge to share.

As I am not as knowledgeable about all things pleiades constellation related, if I can ever be of service to anyone with motorcycle related information, just ask :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts