Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Hyundai
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm in the process of buying a 2019 Forester and got a loyalty coupon this morning. When I go in to finish the paperwork, should I wait until they finish the appraisal on my trade in? My numbers are really tight and I don't want it to affect what they offer.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
291 Posts
I held back that I had the coupon. I treated it as part of my payment. It just reduced the size of the check I had to write, or the amount I had to finance. The dealer gets reimbursed from Subaru after the sale.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
577 Posts
You give it in the finance office right before they present you the final numbers to sign on before taking delivery.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
267 Posts
How did it go @SaintUrsula ? All went smoothly? I'm waiting on my car to be built and delivered and I also plan to give my coupon at the very last minute before signing.

·
Registered
2009 Hyundai
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did it go @SaintUrsula ? All went smoothly? I'm waiting on my car to be built and delivered and I also plan to give my coupon at the very last minute before signing.
Kind of. My husband made the mistake of mentioning it before we were done negotiating. They took it no problem but I lost $500 negotiating leverage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts