Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
04' Forester STI
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had all 4 wheels done in a colour slightly brighter than the origional silver. They weren't in too bad condition before but looked quite dull and a little bit of paint flake around the centre caps.

Took the opportunity while the car was on axel stands for a week to paint the hubs gloss black and clean out the arches, etc.

Really pleased with the results but I don't know how long the inner parts of the wheels are going to look this clean! (Pics a bit poor due to fading light)

·
Registered
04' Forester STI
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good. Who did you use and how much...?
I used a company called BJV engineering BJV Engineering - Alloy Wheel Refurbishing

Not really close to home but they have a great reputation. I was a bit nervous when I dropped them off, the place looks a bit rough! However the work done was superb, the pictures dont really do them justice as the light was fading. It cost £200 all in.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,479 Posts
Good price, did that include removing, refitting and balancing the tyres as well?
Post some pics up during daylight :)

·
Registered
2004 Forester Sti 6 MT
721 Posts
Wow £200 sounds a really good deal. It costs my neighbour £50-60 a time to have minor kerbings removed from a single wheel and I thought that was cheap. The wheels look pretty much 'as new' from those pics.

Alistair

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,479 Posts
Ouaou, they are looking great! Did you get them powder coated and what is the colour code used? Is the original colour a bit more 'chrome' and these are more silver-ish?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would say the original wheels are more satin, looks a good job though. Just had mine done, will post some pics for comparision.

Mog

·
Registered
04' Forester STI
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ouaou, they are looking great! Did you get them powder coated and what is the colour code used? Is the original colour a bit more 'chrome' and these are more silver-ish?
They are powder coated but I'm not sure of the colour code. High Power Silver was the colour description?

Mog is right - the origionals are a bit more satin but the pictures don't really do it justice. The sun is shining on the car so it makes it look brighter than it really is?

another picture just because I like it!....

·
Registered
342 Posts
They are powder coated but I'm not sure of the colour code. High Power Silver was the colour description?

Mog is right - the origionals are a bit more satin but the pictures don't really do it justice. The sun is shining on the car so it makes it look brighter than it really is?

another picture just because I like it!....

Nice pic but cant see the wheels..............

Mog

1 - 16 of 16 Posts