Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To cut along story short, I had ordered a set of wheels and one of them was off-centre. This is something that has not been seen before with good brand wheels such as Team Dynamics and the factory is going to replace the wheel.

The options are:

1. manufacture a new wheel that is going to take 3-4 weeks! or

2. I have been offered a wheel with steel inserts which basically is identical to mine apart from the fact that it has steel inserts where the wheels nuts sit. Wheels with steel inserts are used in rallying as they are stronger. The wheels are identical, my only worry is due to the weight difference if this will be something noticeable and will make the car unbalanced.

What do you think?

Cheers :)

Edit> I was told the inserts are 10g each in which case the total weight difference will be minimal!

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,070 Posts
if you can notice 1/10th a pound of weight at one corner I would be impressed.

If I were in the situation. I would want all 4 to be identical, not for weight but just because. Either they replace all 4 with the steel inserted wheels, possiably be OK with a small fee for the difference in costs. OR I would just wait for the new one to be made. If I had a set to roll on I would just wait.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X L.L. BEAN
150 Posts
if you can notice 1/10th a pound of weight at one corner I would be impressed.

If I were in the situation. I would want all 4 to be identical, not for weight but just because. Either they replace all 4 with the steel inserted wheels, possiably be OK with a small fee for the difference in costs. OR I would just wait for the new one to be made. If I had a set to roll on I would just wait.
I agree,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts