Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Noticed the following in my wife's 2015 Forester XT today and haven't had a chance to look underneath yet.

Around 75-80mph depending on the road conditions, ONLY while i'm pressing on the gas pedal i start feeling a vibration in the steering wheel which seems like its coming from the front right side of the car.
Initial thought was that this might be a wheel out of balance or warped rotor (similar feeling to what you would have while braking with warped rotor)* but this only happens while foot is on the gas.

I can accelerate past 80mph to lets say 90mph and feel the vibration the entire time from 75-90mph but as soon as i let off the gas the vibration goes away at any speed.

Thoughts as to what i should be looking for in the morning?

thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some feedback from another blog tells me it might be a CV joint wear issue. This is my first Suby and i'm the first owner so i know the car has not see any significant abuse. Currently at about 60k miles.

What the typical life on the CVs in this thing?

·
Registered
241 Posts
can be cv joint drive shaft or main drive shaft u joint or differential from your description of when it happens, or even a broken weak motor mount, whichever it is you need a expert diagnosis and repair asap ..................if it is main drive shaft u joint or half shaft, it is dangerous and needs repair

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
DragonSubie7
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing