Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, tried searching but can’t find much, unless I’m doing it wrong, or am limited to what I can see on the phone.

I’m looking for some insight/advice on the right wheel/tire size for a 2005 forester XT with no rubbing. I’m planning to have a 1 inch lift kit from ADF, subtle solutions.. not sure who (I’m in the process of researching now)

This is basically what I want it to look like.

I know bolt pattern has to be 5x100

The rest I’m like a child lost in a arcade.

Some guidance would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,398 Posts
@Bboyknight252

That's great - perhaps you'd like to share? ;-)

Keep in mind that your tire size is limited by the spring perches regardless of any strut lift.

Your wheel size is limited by the front brake rotors. 16" is normal but 15" can be used if special rally type wheels or by modding the brake calipers to gain clearance from the rim.

·
Registered
2005 Forester
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Kevin Yeah sure so basically what I came out with was the Method MR502 VT Spec in bronze

5x100
15x7
15mm offset

Will be purchasing camber bolts to help with the camber.

Tire size will be 215 75 R15 if I remember right.

I was actually looking at the Firestone destination AT’s great reviews for wet and snow along with dry land, and mud.

I’m open for other suggestions, I didn’t read great reviews on the Ko’s for wet surfaces

·
Administrator
15,398 Posts
Thanks - should be good. I'd be a little concerned with that much offset and strain on the wheel bearings but maybe others have proved it to be OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts