Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,233 Posts
@Mark van Zyl quick answer... any wheel offset, less then the factory +48 offset, will stress the wheel bearing. Most members feel the factory wheel bearing are "soft", as they fail at the factory wheel offset! :frown:

As to offset...
A smaller offset number moves the wheels outward, toward the fender. A larger offset number moves the wheels inward, toward the suspension.

With that said, I'm running +42 offset wheels & my son is running +40 offset wheels on his '03 X. We expect that the wheel bearing will eventually fail, but this is the look... stance we want. :wink:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
257 Posts
So that being said, is there an aftermarket wheel bearing that is stronger than the oem unit to run more aggressive offset wheels?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
2.5x_sleeper
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing