Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always loved the simple, 17'', five-spoked rims that came stock on the approx 2010/earlier gen 3 models- I will try to add a link. I do not see the same style rim present on the 2013 model (which is what I will soon have), and when I find those rims for sale they are not listed to fit the 2013.

It appears that most Subarus share the same 5x100 bolt pattern, and I have heard that all rims with that pattern are interchangeable amongst nearly all Subarus, but I want to be sure before sinking $$$ into a new set of rims for my '13 Forester (to be transplanted from a earlier 3rd gen donor).

Guidance?
Thank you!

·
Registered
2009 FXT
230 Posts
Pretty much all 5x100 Subaru rims fit any 5x100 Subaru.
2003+ Forester will only fit 16" or bigger
Legacy GT and Outback XT only fit 17" or bigger
I've put Legacy GT wheels on a Forester and they worked but the clearance of the tire to the strut very tight so I ended up putting 1/4" spacer

Pic is 06 Forester with 17" - 05 Legacy GT wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect! Thanks for the quick reply, and telling me exactly what I was hoping to hear. I actually just found a set for $100 in Fargo, ND- which is not far from my home in Sioux Falls... hopefully they will still be there when I get home in a month.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
1,760 Posts
Those will fit perfectly. For $100 I would take the chance, etransfer the money, and reserve them. OE alloy wheels for 25 each is a serious deal especially if they are as clean as those on the picture.
As for cross fitment, I use a set of 2014 Crosstreck XV wheels as summer rims on my 2011 which I found for $200.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those will fit perfectly. For $100 I would take the chance, etransfer the money, and reserve them. OE alloy wheels for 25 each is a serious deal especially if they are as clean as those on the picture.
As for cross fitment, I use a set of 2014 Crosstreck XV wheels as summer rims on my 2011 which I found for $200.
that’s a very good idea, reserving them. I sent them a message last night so if they respond I’ll float that idea by them. Fargo is fairly remote So my guess is that there isn’t a huge market for factory rims like that. Hopefully. Thanks! I’m looking forward to getting the ball rolling

1 - 5 of 5 Posts