Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an 03 impreza sport which required new tyres, and I came across a set of alloys from a similar car with as new tyres for not too much money, so it seemed daft not to buy them.

I now have a spare set of 15" subaru alloys, and was wondering if they'd do for winter tyres. Would they fit on the foz (brakes are standard) and what size winter tyre would I need to get the same rolling radius?

I think they are narrower than the standard 16" wheels, so I'm sure it would look odd, but narrow tyres are better in the snow.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,584 Posts
Try to keep the circumference as close to the originals as possible:
http://www.tyresite.com/tyrecalc.asp
Smaller wheels, narrower and higher profile tyres are better in the snow as you said.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
We have an 03 impreza sport which required new tyres, and I came across a set of alloys from a similar car with as new tyres for not too much money, so it seemed daft not to buy them.

I now have a spare set of 15" subaru alloys, and was wondering if they'd do for winter tyres. Would they fit on the foz (brakes are standard) and what size winter tyre would I need to get the same rolling radius?

I think they are narrower than the standard 16" wheels, so I'm sure it would look odd, but narrow tyres are better in the snow.

Any thoughts?
What year forester is it? 15" should fit most SF (~98-02), but won't fit over the SG (~03+ depending on country).

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 2001. Thinking about it I'm sure I read mdg is upgrading from 15" to 16" so they should fit.

Good link fpan - thanks

Was also thinking about the expense, but woke to up to snow again this morning :biggrin:

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone confirm the impreza sport 15" wheel is 7" wide and the forester 16" wheel is 8" wide?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts