• no

Votes: 4 21.1%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 XT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I usually just stalk this site. I dont post often. But I'm looking for peoples opion on wheel color. Im buying a new set of wheels soon, I was going with black for a while. I think I want to get a little frisky and try some tommy gold SVN's. I very badly photoshopped a pic a of VinnyD's car being that its the same color and close to the same ride height. Hope you dont mind Vince.
Let me know what you think or if i should stick with black or bronze wheels.
Thanks in adance,

John

Hope this was the right forum to do this in and not wheel and tire tech. Sorry mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
If you like gold I think red is one of the colors that can pull it off. Bronze would also work. I'm not a fan of black, personally, unless it's a hyper black or something that has at least a little shine to it.

·
Registered
2005 XT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, sometimes i agree. haha. I wanted gold for a while, sometimes i love it sometimes i hate it. Those tommy gold svn's look sick. I would just like to see more opinion on that photoshop pic because thats the exact color combo.

I know i would be happy with black also or bronze those are kind of "tame" choices, though nice. I never had a bright wheel like that before. It screams gold! lol

·
Registered
2005 XT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone also pm me and tell me how to make that post that pic without being a thumbnail?

Thanks

-John

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts

im flattered you chose my car. check out the memmber named "marktheshark" for real pics of this combo, he has gold enkei rpf1's on the same color car. i have also rocked gunmetal tarmac 2's, gunmetal p1's, and soon hyper black lemans. red look good with most color wheels except silver/white i think

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
Can someone also pm me and tell me how to make that post that pic without being a thumbnail?

Thanks

-John
Like this?

Just use the "insert image" function:
and paste the address into the box. Your picture first must be hosted somewhere, I use Photobucket and they have commands that you can copy directly and paste into the reply.

As for the original topic, the gold looks nice, better than bronze would I think. And to me, black always means winter rims :biggrin:

·
Registered
2005 XT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't think you would mind, Vince. haha. Your car was also a good choice being that I own the hood scoop that was on it. I'll check marktheshark's rig out.

and thanks trainman, for explaining that to me. Now I'll have that in the memory bank.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
It's your vehicle, your call, but I say ROCK THE GOLD!!!

dm

·
Registered
2005 XT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True that. I just like to hear opinions to help me figure out what im going to dump 1000 bucks on. lol

·
Registered
1998 Forester
95 Posts
i quite like the gold on red the more i look at it.
could you colour match the roof rail to go with the wheels? photoshop gurus?

·
Registered
2005 XT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all for your input. Some gold wheels will be ordered by the end of this week! I'll post up some pics when they are on.

-John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts