Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend who helped me get my 2005 Subaru Forester and has continued to help me with getting major repairs done. I went to him and drove him around and he thought my drive shaft might be going with the noises it’s making. But searching YouTube videos it sounds like wheel bearings. Do these things sound similar cross vehicles? He also thought if it was drive shaft I could make it front wheel drive instead. Ideas?

·
Administrator
17,260 Posts
G'day & welcome!

Can you describe the sound it's making? Is it the rear or front?

To check bearings find some S bends and power around them as best you can - if the noise increases on the weighted side of the vehicle then usually indicates a worn bearing.

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts