Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5L CVT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a dumb question, but I had all service covered under the maintenance plan the dealer gave me when I bought the car, so just want to make sure.

I need to have my wheels balanced, should I have this done at the dealer or the tire shop that I like? I have had tires rotated there (before I bought the Forester) and a few tires plugged and I like their service. I'm just wondering if with the CVT the forester is pickier and if this is something better done at the dealer. Again, pardon my ignorance but I appreciate any insight!

·
Registered
2016 and 2020 Foresters
1,249 Posts
The CVT has nothing to do with wheel balance. Go where you like. I go to my local Discount Tire for all things tire related.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5L CVT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CVT has nothing to do with wheel balance. Go where you like. I go to my local Discount Tire for all things tire related.
Ok, thanks for confirming. I appreciate the response!

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring CVT
133 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but I had all service covered under the maintenance plan the dealer gave me when I bought the car, so just want to make sure.

I need to have my wheels balanced, should I have this done at the dealer or the tire shop that I like? I have had tires rotated there (before I bought the Forester) and a few tires plugged and I like their service. I'm just wondering if with the CVT the forester is pickier and if this is something better done at the dealer. Again, pardon my ignorance but I appreciate any insight!
I purchased new tires a few weeks back from Mavis. They did a poor job of balancing it when they installed the new tires and I noticed it right away whenever I drove over 60MPH. The steering wheel would vibrate and i could feel shaking from the wheels. Went back and had them re-balance. Good thing they didn't argue and re-balanced and now everything is fine. I think it depends on the tech that is doing it regardless if it's at the dealer or not.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,434 Posts
You might want to ask your dealer and tire shop if they offer Road Force balancing. If one does and the other does not, I would go with the one who does offer Road Force balancing (aka match mounting).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts