Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X Manual w/ Ko'2
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When me and my wife recently purchased a used 2010 Forester XT , I told her that installing a sport mesh grille would be a must. The stock chrome grille just look too ''grandpa'' to me. The SH headlights are so beautiful that putting a sport grille makes them look more defined.
I tried ordered a genuine Subaru for the perfect Paprika Red Pearl color match and quality of product. Unfortunately the product is discontinued.
The downside of the Paprika Red Pearl color is that not much color are well fit with it, actually only Black... So I decided to go with a carbon fiber finish.

After another painful night, the grille is installed. I am unsure if the match with Paprika & Black Carbon looks nice has a grille or just clash. I know I just look at it for a couple minutes and only close-up in the garage, no long-distance view.

Now I would like to get your honest opinion, do you like it? Would you drive that as your daily?
Please note the car isn't clean, we had snow again today :(

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,607 Posts
Nice work. If it were mine I would tint the headlights to make it come together. Subtle 3m/tint. You only lose about 5% and won’t notice.

I love mods such as these

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Wow, thanks for all the amazing comments! I glad to see that the forester community do like it :)

Nice work. If it were mine I would tint the headlights to make it come together. Subtle 3m/tint. You only lose about 5% and won’t notice.

I love mods such as these
I do agree!

I’m a “grandpa” so you might not like my answer.... but I think it looks great!
Lol thanks! Hey by the way I have no hate for grandpa, just love haha :)

Here a more long distance shot (I should have let the lights on...) ->

New one:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Agreed. But it'd be better with Subi emblem in the middle instead of what you got on, but it's really whether you like it. :)
Thanks for input! Honestly I like the ''F'' emblem, which is the jdm version front emblem. It is genuine with Subaru part #... Also I like the chrome/pink scheme because my wife drive the car daily. My black forester has the subaru emblem, I like it that way, maybe I just like to do little different with this one :D

:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts