Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

What's up with the stick on plastic on the 2010?

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Jared_N 
#1 ·
I have a question for 2010 owners. Not sure if its on the 2009 as well. Do you all have like a clear plastic semi cricle next to the bottom of the back doors? At first I thought it was a scratch which scared the hell out of me since the car is less than a week old. But I can't figure out why they would put it there. It doesn't seem like it would come off easily so I figure it is supposed to be there. Just wondering if everyone has it.

I included a couple of pics because I knew I would have a heck of a time describing it lol.

See less See more
#12 ·
Yea they changed them in mid MY09 production. My MY09XT has the larger ones. I believe there is a thread here that states that the dealer will change them to the larger size if you desire. Thats what I remember anyway.

#11 ·
You definitely want this plastic film there. The front tires throw road grit and rocks etc., and this is the area they usually impact. So the film is there, as mentioned above, to protect the finish from the road debris kicked up by the front tires.

#16 ·
Funniest thing is that all the time I went to see the car, test drove it twice, and even saw my actual car in the showroom before I bought it I never noticed the plastic until 3 days after I bought it and brought it home lol. I think its only when it gets a bit dirty it shows more.
I wonder if bigger front mudflaps would help cut down on rocks flying up the side.

#24 ·
Those sticky things are thanks to a lawsuit. Someone got a rock chip and sued Subaru and got a new vehicle, then thereafter those things started coming out. I know this because I witnessed it happen at my dealership haha. I couldn't believe it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.