Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for 2010 owners. Not sure if its on the 2009 as well. Do you all have like a clear plastic semi cricle next to the bottom of the back doors? At first I thought it was a scratch which scared the hell out of me since the car is less than a week old. But I can't figure out why they would put it there. It doesn't seem like it would come off easily so I figure it is supposed to be there. Just wondering if everyone has it.

I included a couple of pics because I knew I would have a heck of a time describing it lol.

·
Registered
2002 L
273 Posts
Most new vehicles that are designed to see some off-road use have those. It's protectant to keep debries thrown up by the front tires from mucking it all up.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x tourin
18 Posts
I have the same thing on mine and the first time I saw it I also thought it was a scratch.
2010 Forester Touring

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,302 Posts
The ones on the 2010's are larger than the ones on my early '09. :shake: I've already got plenty of pecks right there now at 20K.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
94 Posts
Hmmm - I have a 2010 (had it for a month or so) and I think it only has the small piece of film on it. I'll need to check later on.

Thanks for posting the picture - helps a lot.

Cheers - Steve

I have a question for 2010 owners. Not sure if its on the 2009 as well. Do you all have like a clear plastic semi cricle next to the bottom of the back doors? At first I thought it was a scratch which scared the hell out of me since the car is less than a week old. But I can't figure out why they would put it there. It doesn't seem like it would come off easily so I figure it is supposed to be there. Just wondering if everyone has it.

I included a couple of pics because I knew I would have a heck of a time describing it lol.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
94 Posts
Phew - yup, just checked - goes to the bottom of the door on mine as well.

Hmmm - I have a 2010 (had it for a month or so) and I think it only has the small piece of film on it. I'll need to check later on.

Thanks for posting the picture - helps a lot.

Cheers - Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,830 Posts
You definitely want this plastic film there. The front tires throw road grit and rocks etc., and this is the area they usually impact. So the film is there, as mentioned above, to protect the finish from the road debris kicked up by the front tires.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
The ones on the 2010's are larger than the ones on my early '09. :shake: I've already got plenty of pecks right there now at 20K.
Yea they changed them in mid MY09 production. My MY09XT has the larger ones. I believe there is a thread here that states that the dealer will change them to the larger size if you desire. Thats what I remember anyway.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x Prem
57 Posts
2bad they didn't put it on the front facia as well. :icon_mad: Already see two chips in front bumper. Anybody here used the Clear Bra vinyl covering?????

2010 2.5XP

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X
143 Posts
At first I thought it was a scratch which scared the hell out of me since the car is less than a week old.

+1 :biggrin:

It made my heart skip a beat the first time I got ready to wash my brand new '09. :icon_eek:

Drive safely,
desmobob

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Funniest thing is that all the time I went to see the car, test drove it twice, and even saw my actual car in the showroom before I bought it I never noticed the plastic until 3 days after I bought it and brought it home lol. I think its only when it gets a bit dirty it shows more.
I wonder if bigger front mudflaps would help cut down on rocks flying up the side.

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
If you're interested in better/bigger mud flaps check these out...
Urethane Rally Mud Flaps

these are their best ones, they don't make the lower protection ones for the new body yet but I'm sure they will soon.
Also if you're planning on getting it dirty you should invest in a skid plate to replace the factory plastic one.

·
Registered
2002 L
273 Posts
+1 on the RA flaps. Once you get used to the looks, they do an unbelieveable job of protecting your car from sand, rocks, etc. that are found on all roads. Keeps the tar off the side of the car too in the summer.
Would any of those fit an 02? The look pretty trick. I have stock flaps but those look nicer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts