Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst servicing the car at the weekend, I came upon this tube. It's not connected, and I didnt unplug it from anything. Should it be connected to something?

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Someone's removed your flux capacitor matey from your Foz..how rude !!

From Wikipedia:
"De-flux capacitoring" - procedure of removing the flux capacitor from a vehicle in order for it to be able to go over 88mph without disappearing into the space-time continuum. Often performed on Subarus.

:rock:

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iv'e been wondering why I cant get back to 1985.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,883 Posts
That plugs into the underside of the air inlet pipe you have currently removed.

Its part of the "Evaporative Emission control system".

The auxiliary purge solenoid should be on that pipe.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Also one of your HT leads looks loose!

Simon

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would this be the reason the car is running lumpy? Iv'e been wondering, because I serviced it and it's worse than before.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
That red lead in the photo laying on top of the inner wing is a completely disconnected HT lead, assume that is back on now!

Simon

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the Ht leads are back on, It's just when idling it judders occasionally, which it has never done before. I will have a poke about when I reconnect the pipe.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
If you've reconnected that hose then you'll have changed the idle adaptions, best to reset the ECU (refer to jolly green monsters website).

Simon

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
That red lead in the photo laying on top of the inner wing is a completely disconnected HT lead, assume that is back on now!

Simon
:icon_eek:

good ol' subies!

"No dear, I couldn't be bovvered to reconnect the laaaast one, moi 'ands were dirty enough already. wurz 'at cider?" etc...

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
All the Ht leads are back on, It's just when idling it judders occasionally, which it has never done before. I will have a poke about when I reconnect the pipe.
If that pipes not connected it will be a bit lumpy, probably not as bad as having a vac leak elsewhere though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts