Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going the DRL disable mod last night on my 2010 2.5X and I noticed this connector next to the power steering reservoir. I don't believe it was plugged into anything before I started doing the work. Does anybody know what it's for? Is it connected to something with the turbo engine?

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 S Premium
228 Posts
on my turbo car, thats almost where the boost solenoid would be, but it could be anything, i love how subaru wires these cars up for anything, its so helpful when swapping in a turbo motor ;-)

·
Registered
2010 Forester
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep -I figured it's something for the turbo model. I'm going to check out the engine bay on a 2010 turbo the next time at the dealer. That is, if they have a 2010 turbo. They are pretty rare in Ohio.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS 4EAT
4 Posts
I just checked on a 2010 XT and it's not hooked either. I looked in the wiring diagram and this connector is for the factory pin switch for the OEM remote starter.
Hope I was of help.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked on a 2010 XT and it's not hooked either. I looked in the wiring diagram and this connector is for the factory pin switch for the OEM remote starter.
Hope I was of help.
Thanks! That confirms I didn't accidentally unplug anything when I did the DRL disable mod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts