Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mine on average reads 90C it seams high to me, but I do have the Subaextreme sump gaurd on, and borla headers, too much heat? before the the mods it was 60-70C

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
Where are you getting reading or where is the thermocouple? When I had the plug in the oil drain plug I got much lower temps due to the quenching effect of all that oil. Now that I have in the galley plug it runs 200F most of the time and if I hit triple digits around 212F. That is with and amb temp of 70 ish. Amb temp will effect the temp probe in the oil pan a lot more than in the galley plug too. The galley plug seem more consistent. Also you must be talking C and not F those temps are way to low. 90C sounds about right or 194F

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
I'm getting the same temps as Peaty, also with the sensor in the galley plug.

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry oil plug from OEM gauge pack
and it is C not F
I'm having a bad post day :(

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and to highjack my own thead were is the best place for a oil pressure sensor?
Peaty?

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Peaty! is there anything u dont know?

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
It's not important to know everything just where to find it or who to ask :)

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
i got my oil temp gauge installed today and on a short drive it was registering 180 degrees F and still climbing, slowly, but climbing.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
i got my oil temp gauge installed today and on a short drive it was registering 180 degrees F and still climbing, slowly, but climbing.
Sounds just fine. My oil temp usually reads ~200°f. On a warm day it can go up to ~230°f.

GIT-R-DONE: I used the same gallery plug with a "T". I turned the "T" on it's side and installed the oil temp sensor in the first part of the T (grounded to the block) and then a section of hose and ground the pressure sensor to the strut bar. Please see pics:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
I run my oil temp sender from a oil sandwich adapter. It sits between oil filter and the metal thingy the oil filter would screw on to. When warmed up the temp reads 160 F on mine. It is also constant at 160 F on the highway. For city driving it fluctuate between 160-170 F. At idle it can go up as high as 180 F. Thank goodness it never went above 180 F!

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13595&highlight=prosport

·
Registered
2000 Outback
153 Posts
My average engine oil temp shows 180 deg. F to 220 deg. F depending on ambient temp, speed, etc. In the winter it takes a lot longer to reach operating temp. My engine oil temp and pressure sensors are on my setup for the amsoil bypass filter, kind of in the middle left in this pic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts