Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Sti Forester
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering selling my FSTI it is an 2004 plate, it has been chipped it is around 320 bhp , thicker rear ARB , good tyres , only a small crack not very visible in rear bumper , 60,000 Miles, it has had a head rebuild and a new turbo and clutch fitted, belts and pulleys, has anybody got any idea what they are worth , it does drive well , regular service but no service records for first 64000 km as JDM car, i was considering a Impreza STI , but it all depends on price of mine. It may not be possible
Thanks
Chris

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,158 Posts
lol @ "chipped".

Unless you can explain to a potential buyer what "chipped" actually means it is worth nothing !! :biggrin:

Good luck with your sale.

Rich

·
Registered
230 Posts
We bought ours for £9100. Full Litchfield pack and service history. I had a choice of three 2004's around that price.

·
Registered
2004 Forester Sti 6 MT
721 Posts
Values go up and down slightly depending upon what other Forester STI's are on the market (Autotrader, Pistonheads etc.)
So have a look what is out there and price accordingly.
The mileage is pretty high compared to others around, it is not a Litchfield import with the full service history and I assume that you have had engine trouble but it has been fixed.
I would put it on for around £9K, see what interest you get and be prepared to reduce the price. The key to the price on FSTI's is what is advertised at the same time as yours as they are fairly rare, if there is very little else then you might get a premium based upon someone wanting something right now.

Cheers

Alistair

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,436 Posts
does it not need an engine rebuild regarding as to what you said in a previous post ??:icon_frown:

·
Registered
2004 Sti Forester
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes engine being rebuilt as I speak , the bottom end apparently ok , the top end full rebuild , that is the dilema keep after rebuild or sell, it is not easy to sell through a dealer as a jdm car , so if I sell probably a private sell to an enthusiast .
The above comment to chipping , it was remapped stage 1 to work on uk fuel 99 octane , it is still a nice car so not sure what to do .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts