Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't recognize me, won't send me my user name and password (though I'm sure I got them right anyway), and won't find things I know are there when I search.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a post about moving to a new server, and the URL you end up at is at an IP address, not a site name. They must be in transition.

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,735 Posts
Site is up here, but it won't accept my username and password. Must be a work in progress at this point.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Last time I visited I got a message (can't remember the exact wording) that I had not visited in approximately 3 months and further inactivity would render my account inactive, or something to that effect ( site would reflect the active membership as opposed to inactive). The site's a great reference tool and maybe with the server and employment issues, they are wanting to make it a more actively posted site (other than Peaty) and become more financially supported (contributions) site like this one. My user/password was not recognized as well.:icon_frown:

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,564 Posts
Works OK for me.

Never posted in 2212 days of membership but do make an annual "contribution".

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,735 Posts
Same here. Remember my user name and password this time.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Peaty sent us a text this afternoon saying that they just moved the site to a new server, so the problems are likely DNS-related and should be temporary until the new DNS info propagates.

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,097 Posts
Sorry sick kid on this end, yes he moved the server. Some people are having issues but clearing cookies seems to help some of them. It's been working for me except a short time yesterday.

To keep your user name active you have to post in a particular period of time. I guess it's three months. I'm not the admin but I know he does it to keep the user data base clean or some such. Most people just post in the new to the forum section saying I wanted to say Hi so I can keep logging on.

good dog, I checked and it says you are a registered user.

PS sorry about the text, I usually don't send them to people I'm not sure have a text plan.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I looked through the announcements there and didn't see anything about the staying active thing. I posted anyway.

I did get a chuckle out of the April Fools announcement that they had sold out to NASIOC. :icon_wink:

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,097 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester S w/AT
442 Posts
If anyone is still having issues with getting there, it may be a bad DNS table on their end. You can either "repair the connection" under your network stuff or drop into the command line (C:\) under accessories and type ipconfig /flushdns. This will flush our your dns addresses that are cached on your system. Its good to do this occasionally.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts