Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 forester xt 5mt
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've been looking for a MT XT in my area for months and haven't been able to fine one. I like the idea of being a little higher up than a wrx, but still have the speed and the utility. Just wondering what other people would have done.

·
Premium Member
'21 ISM Crosstrek Limited
1,182 Posts
Hey guys,
I've been looking for a MT XT in my area for months and haven't been able to fine one. I like the idea of being a little higher up than a wrx, but still have the speed and the utility. Just wondering what other people would have done.
The '14 FXT was designed as a comprehensive package... including the CVT, NOT A MT. All those excellent specs on 0-60 and quarter mile are based on it.

My '14 FXT T handles better than my '11 WRX did, as well as being an overall better vehicle.

To answer your question directly, IF the '14 FXT had only come with a MT I'd have kept my well-modified and tuned '11 STi Limited. As it is I am completely satisfied with my choice.

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
If you're looking for used, I would have gotten a 2001-2002 Forester with a 5 speed, or a Legacy GT 5 speed, preferably a wagon. If you're talking new, I would look into a Ford Focus MT.

$0.02.

·
Registered
2004 forester xt 5mt
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The '14 FXT was designed as a comprehensive package... including the CVT, NOT A MT. All those excellent specs on 0-60 and quarter mile are based on it.

My '14 FXT T handles better than my '11 WRX did, as well as being an overall better vehicle.

To answer your question directly, IF the '14 FXT had only come with a MT I'd have kept my well-modified and tuned '11 STi Limited. As it is I am completely satisfied with my choice.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was looking for an 04-08? (1st gen xt) I've been looking for a while but no luck :(

·
Premium Member
2005 xt 6mt
126 Posts
took me almost a year of looking, with lots of almost bought plane tickets.
you didn't list or mention where your area was, if you do, some members on here might be able to help you

·
Registered
2004 forester xt 5mt
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in the Bay Area of CA. I have a post up on the WTB section, but no luck there. I'm not a huge fan of the outback styling. I was looking at the forester xs, but I have a feeling I'll have buyers remorse if I get that model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts