Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
wow... if such a game existed I wouldn't ever go outside. That would be a bad thing.

To pile on top of things, you should add the extra factor of if you have a shop or unregistered race car... and it seems like you have to drive things places more or less, you should have to buy tow vehicles as well. Whether a basic diesel pickup truck with an open trailer, or a full-blown race hauler like the big teams use.

I don't know if that is a constructive addition, just something I thought of.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5X
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
More Detail

each car model would have to be built and tested virtually using Finite Element Analysis (A UGS term...), to see how much give a part has, what it takes to break it, and when it bends, how strong it is then. This would enable the most realiztic damage model possible. Building the virtual parts to react in the same way they would in real life would be perhaps the most difficult part of the whole process...but would become well worth it in the gameplay.

Taking it one step further, the older cars from used car lots, especially in the open world areas could have rust, (especially the older japanese cars)especially in the areas that use salt in the winter (Detroit)...the rust would greatly effect the rigidity and crash performance of the vehicle.

Moving from 1 OW City to another:
if it's an international move, any cars the player would want to bring along would have to be imported. Certain cars would not be able to be registered, and therefore, could only be used on legit race tracks legally. Though if the player chooses the underground racing world, this makes no difference.

Car Show Mode:

the only mode in the game that gives unlimited modding power. from All original "numbers matching" restorations to full on, full-body modification/conversion cars. everything is possible...almost.
Given..certain mods would be far too impractical, and dangerous to driveo n the streets or the track, and would result in horrible crashes, or very unstable handling, causing horrid crashes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have played many racing games too. but so far i felt the most excitement and thrill in playing DiRT Rally 2.0. This is the most realistic racing game. I need to mention that the physic engine is awesome. If you are looking for a real rally simulator, this is the best practical game for you.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts