Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

What ECU Tuning Utility/Re-Flash are you using????

What tune are you running?

5K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  xristos.athens 
#1 ·
Time to throw down! Is COBB A/P the most used? Ecutek? Utec? Something else?

#27 ·
FXTRunner1 said:
Interesting you mention that about the boost not hitting target. I just received my AP and have only seen 10 - 10.5 as max boost. I'll have to check again, i figured i'd give the ecu sometime to learn before looking again.
You should put a couple hundred miles on it to allow the ECO to learn the new parameters and then check again to see if you are hitting target boost. If you aren't you can adjust the wate-gate actuator arm to attempt to hit target boost. I was hearing a lot of waste-gate flutter, which seems to be a tale-tale sign that there isn't enough pre-load on the actuator spring to hold the waste-gate closed.

Another interesting tidbit....I called Cobb to verify what the target boost is for stg2 (13.5 psi-G) and they suggested that I use the stg 2 base map, and then use whatever real-time map I want. I was using the stg1 base map, and loaded the stg2 real-time map. They said using the stg2 base map sets parameters that would allow the tune to be optimized.

FXTRunner1 said:
Should you see the target boost through every gear? 1st gear ends so fast.
I have a 4eat (auto) equiped XT so it may be different... but I don't think you will hit target boost in every gear. Then again I am no expert... Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

#29 ·
Evil XT said:
13.5 PSI max for stage 2?!? :?
Looks like ill be getting a protune right away
What the hell is the point of buying it then for 2-3 more PSI :x
Well... the point in buying it (AP) is that you have to have one in order to utilize that Protune you are going to get. :shock:

The AccessPORT itself is nothing more than a simple map transportation device. So, your tuner of choice will tune your car and sync their PC w/ your AP, down-load the custom map, and you will load the map into your ECU with your AP. At least that is the way I understand it.

#30 ·
fxtacy said:
Evil XT said:
13.5 PSI max for stage 2?!? :?
Looks like ill be getting a protune right away
What the hell is the point of buying it then for 2-3 more PSI :x
Well... the point in buying it (AP) is that you have to have one in order to utilize that Protune you are going to get. :shock:

The AccessPORT itself is nothing more than a simple map transportation device. So, your tuner of choice will tune your car and sync their PC w/ your AP, down-load the custom map, and you will load the map into your ECU with your AP. At least that is the way I understand it.
Plus it fattens up the torque across the board...in itself a good thing. Still a good bang for the buck...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.