Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

What ECU Tuning Utility/Re-Flash are you using????


  • Total voters
    7
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to throw down! Is COBB A/P the most used? Ecutek? Utec? Something else?
 

·
Registered
2004 fxt
Joined
·
16 Posts
I'm running an Ecutek tune. Good gains and great driveability.
 

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
Looks like this could be 2 surveys with:

What method of tune are you using if:

1) Stock Turbo
2) Upgrade Turbo

My guess is that the majority of stock folks, like myself, are running AP while the larger turbo folks are custom tuned on another platform. Of course even this is changing since Protune became available.
 

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
Joined
·
3,787 Posts
IHIVF35 and Apexi Power FC or will be when I get time to fit it all
 

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
<Dons flame suit>

The A/P is perfect for me especially now that tuner shops are getting proficient with Protuner. It has surpassed other products with the user's ability to switch maps (i.e. 100 octane, STX legal, etc...). Realtime maps which are written to RAM not flashed to ROM are handy, too (Valet, Stock).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
I think Custom ProTune needs to be added to the list. I have a AP but I'm not running a Cobb tune. I can't vote.
 

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
Northwest Tan said:
<Dons flame suit>

The A/P is perfect for me especially now that tuner shops are getting proficient with Protuner. It has surpassed other products with the user's ability to switch maps (i.e. 100 octane, STX legal, etc...). Realtime maps which are written to RAM not flashed to ROM are handy, too (Valet, Stock).
I don't think you are going to be flamed by anyone since this seems to be the current consensus.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
Really, the AP makes the most sense for most people right now. I'm sure Cobb is doing very well because of the AP. It has all the goods of ECUTEK with the map switching of UTEC and most of the tunability of UTEC.

TAGXT04 said:
Northwest Tan said:
<Dons flame suit>

The A/P is perfect for me especially now that tuner shops are getting proficient with Protuner. It has surpassed other products with the user's ability to switch maps (i.e. 100 octane, STX legal, etc...). Realtime maps which are written to RAM not flashed to ROM are handy, too (Valet, Stock).
I don't think you are going to be flamed by anyone since this seems to be the current consensus.
 

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
Joined
·
29,459 Posts
Ecutek custom tune by Vishnu on the stock turbo. I don't need no steenkin' maps! :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
Well, just wait till the VF39 map for FXTs come out. You'll see a lot more Cobb APed FXTs.. Oh wait.. it may never come out. Oops. =P
 

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
Joined
·
2,225 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
Well, just wait till the VF39 map for FXTs come out. You'll see a lot more Cobb APed FXTs.. Oh wait.. it may never come out. Oops. =P
This also seems to be the general consense.

Ben
 

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
Well, just wait till the VF39 map for FXTs come out. You'll see a lot more Cobb APed FXTs.. Oh wait.. it may never come out. Oops. =P
There is no point for COBB to release this anymore. Just get a Protune. It will be better than any "shelf" map.
 

·
Registered
13 Work Boot Do it yourself
Joined
·
583 Posts
yes there is a reason..ive been waiting for it damnit!
they should come out with already. most likey i wont get it.
LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
cobb for me... but the vf39 is still sitting in a box ! :evil: Yeah were still waiting for more protuners and that vf39 map
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top