Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 JDM XT Forester Auto
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was having a problem with incorrect momo steering wheel and just brought another momo steering from fleabay again, The steering wheel came with a correct airbag connection ring (clock spring) and while under the dash to connect the airbag clock spring.

Found this two cable folded away under the dash next to ECU reset plug.

Any idea what this cable for ?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Was having a problem with incorrect momo steering wheel and just brought another momo steering from fleabay again, The steering wheel came with a correct airbag connection ring (clock spring) and while under the dash to connect the airbag clock spring.

Found this two cable folded away under the dash next to ECU reset plug.

Any idea what this cable for ?

What "two cable" are you referring to?

The two brown cables are Diagnosis Terminal Grounds (connector B81)
The white plug with the Red/White and Red/Green wires is the Flash Memory connector (B250)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry it the two brown cable with missing plastic connector and it was tape up under the loom.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Sorry it the two brown cable with missing plastic connector and it was tape up under the loom.
That is how the brown wires are , no missing connector, just two earth terminals.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok and thank you, So should ground both cable to chassis or connect the cable together :confused:

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Leave as they are. They are used when data logging/diagnostic checking so that the instrument used is connected/earthed to the vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts