Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5spd
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FXT is almost out of the shop and when it's done it will be full stage 2 with a VF48.

I need gauges.....badly. I've ordered the center console 2 din expansion and plan to mount three gauges in it. I have already ordered a ProSport electronic boost gauge but I don't know what's important to monitor after that?

Oil temp? Oil pressure? A/F ratio? Badass status?

I've searched all over and the only definite answer I have gotten is "boost".

What's important after boost? I'm leaning towards oil pressure and A/F ratio.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Wideband and EGT if you're tuning. Otherwise boost...

Maybe oil pressure, especially with the weakness of the stock oil pickup tube.

Lately I've been thinking about doing some sort of fuel pressure gauge, but thats really only needed under the hood when diagnosing.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
657 Posts
Bling!

Just installed the ProSport Boost gauge, and I'm 'less than impressed'.

You have to pick the illumination color (white or orange) before you install, the wires are very short, and the needle is barely visible, even when brightly lit.

If you don't want to get the expensive DEFIs, look at Glowshift - Black 7 Color 30 PSI Boost / Vacuum Boost Gauge don't let the name put you off, they are good value, very visible and the color can be matched closely to your dash.

and did I mention? really cheap....

S

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5spd
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bling!

Just installed the ProSport Boost gauge, and I'm 'less than impressed'.

You have to pick the illumination color (white or orange) before you install, the wires are very short, and the needle is barely visible, even when brightly lit.

If you don't want to get the expensive DEFIs, look at Glowshift - Black 7 Color 30 PSI Boost / Vacuum Boost Gauge don't let the name put you off, they are good value, very visible and the color can be matched closely to your dash.

and did I mention? really cheap....

S
Well......****. I guess I'll return the ProSport then. They came recommended by a local guy. I am looking into adding an in-dash computer and come up with my own custom gauge display on that....but it will take some time. :-/

TY for the input.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5spd
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wideband and EGT if you're tuning. Otherwise boost...

Maybe oil pressure, especially with the weakness of the stock oil pickup tube.

Lately I've been thinking about doing some sort of fuel pressure gauge, but thats really only needed under the hood when diagnosing.
I'm not doing the tuning myself, I'm having a protuner do that.

How about boost, wideband, and oil pressure.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,760 Posts
I have a simular setup to yours and run oil/water temp & boost. I want to see temps while I'm running at the track so I don't overheat anything.

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports
820 Posts
The Prosport electronic boost is OK. I've been running one for over 2 years and it seems to be holding up. I can't highly recommend their other gauges as I've gone through 3 fuel pressure and 2 oil pressure sending units. I'm considering swapping out the lot soon. Possibly with STRI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts