Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Limited
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read through a lot of threads and it seems either a 6" or a 6 1/2" will fit in the doors of the new model forester. I will be replacing both the fronts and rears.

I would like to go 6 1/2" if its not too much extra trouble. I don't want to have to cut the metal to make a larger opening. I hated helping a friend put 3 way 6x9s in his 6" opening.

Been looking at the Kicker KS650.2 Component speakers since I have a buddy whos a distributor and apparently people have been buying the coaxial speakers so there is extra stock with a good discount.

I know they are listed as 6.5" but all the sites say they are 6 3/4" and require a 5 5/8" cut out.

The cost of the KS600.2 is a little more but but would be nice to get the larger speaker fitted.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Limited
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the amp is a given. Just wanted to see if cut outs were designed for 6" speakers and people could fit 6.5" or if they were designed for 6.5" to begin with.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not sure what size cut outs are but they are definitely meant for 6 1/2" speakers. I have fit 3 different speaker brands in them (PP, Infinity, and Pioneer). I'm doing some deadening on front doors and putting my new rear speakers in this afternoon and I will measure cut outs.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I have 7" in my 05 XT front doors. Since you need spacers for the fronts due to limited depths, you have more room to go with an oversized 6.5" (6.75") or even a 7" if you desire.

The KS600.2 will fit no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts