Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 FXT CVT
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have forester specific STi springs and 20mm OEM STi RSB in the rear for my 08 XT, but the body roll is unfortunately still there. I'd like to tighten the steering response and reduce the roll further using bigger front bar. Which one compliments 20mm OEM rear bar well? Is 24mm/26mm good enough?

Looking to buy a Whiteline as I always do with sway bars.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Honestly the stock FSB is the same as an STI fsb, so its really pretty well suited for the STI rsb. I would upgrade both front and rear to something like a 24-27 F (bigger will help turn in but increase understeer at the limit depending on how you take corners) and 24R (both adjustable ones)

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
You won't get rid of the body roll with a stiffer front sway, but the front grip will be increased and steering feel will be alot sharper. I upgraded to a Whiteline 25mm recently and I'm loving it.

Stan

·
Registered
2014 FXT CVT
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So just go as big as I can? :biggrin: I have 27mm front and 24mm rear in my STi and it is very sharp. I don't want it to be like that since this is supposed to be the "comfort ride", just trying to find a happy medium.

·
Registered
2013 Forester XT
266 Posts
So just go as big as I can? :biggrin: I have 27mm front and 24mm rear in my STi and it is very sharp. I don't want it to be like that since this is supposed to be the "comfort ride", just trying to find a happy medium.
do you mean too bumpy or was the steering sharper? im running on wrx wagon susp, and it still rolls quite a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts