Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
I'm going with non slotted brembo myself. Nothing fancy but work well. Got them here:

http://www.dpeweb.com/

Not on the site but you can e-mail them.

Attachments

·
The Modfather
8,054 Posts
I say stay away from the cross drilled, no need for them. They have the possibility of forming microcracks at the holes.

I still say Brembo rotors are a good choice. Not the most expensive nor the cheapest but good quality. Brakes aren't a spot you want to try and save money.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Sube slushy
558 Posts
Had Brembos on my M3 and man did they rust...

·
Registered
934 Posts
i have the EBC rotors and the green stuff pads.the rotors are not drilled all the way through they are more like dimples.... i like them but they are noisy with the windows down they sound like crickets form the air bouncing off them. thats the best i can do. to describe the noise

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
I subscribe to the peaty approach - i've got third party blanks. The manufacturer is called Mountain (they're Japanese). No complaints - the price was right (about $40/rotor in WRX/FXT size) and they've held up just fine.

·
The Modfather
8,054 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you have slotted or drilled rotors, they can not be turned if they ever need it. Is that true?

·
Registered
2004 Sube slushy
558 Posts
I think drilled can be but they need to be chamfered if the holes bevels get cut even to the rotor face

1 - 13 of 13 Posts