Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
06 FXT
2,198 Posts
I've always been polite in person and/or over the phone. Unfortunately, it's almost always an exchange with some snide parts person.

Interestingly enough, the nicest parts people I've dealt with were BMW & Mercedes people. They were extremely polite and helpful. The Honda/Toyota/Subaru guys behaved as if I was disrupting their day. Lots of sighing and "what now" attitude.

· Premium Member
06 FXT
2,198 Posts
actually guys, before you start going off the deep end you should know some things about the program they have to work with there.

I used to work at a subaru dealership in parts.
The parts catalog that they have absolutely sucks.

Its damn near impossible to look up part numbers without the vin. some parts are on the list of quick look up, but only the standard maintenance items.

Its a very very inconvenient position to be in behind that parts counter.

we had mazda and subaru that was handled in our department.
i absolutely hated getting calls for subaru parts, and hated it even more when my subaru techs would bring me a grocery list for a rebuild (most common thing to happen at subaru, literally, for every 2 oil changes, there was 1 rebuild. ) it sucked completely.
In case you didn't know, Roo just so happened to work in said field with years of experience and expertise.

Yes, I can relate. We all could relate when it comes to shortcomings of technical and logistics of a given workplace demands. Regardless, that's not an excuse to be snappy or snide to a given patron. Remember, he/she is just some guy or gal trying to piece together his/her ride and get back to the norm like the rest of us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts