Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to a subaru dealer today to get floor mats and a rear wiper arm for one that I broke.

Sir what is the part number?

What?

Part number please.

It's a 2004 Subaru Forester XT

Sir I need a part number.

OK I don't have it.

Do you have the vin?

NO

Well, no VIN, no part...

I was sooo pissed, I wasn;t in the forester I was in my work car.

What gives have anyone had this happen to them or am I the only one?

· Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Guys, thanks for your support I'm actually still pretty pissed about this. Like I said I was driving saw a dealership was not in the forester was driving my work car, and stopped on in to get not just the rear wiper arm but a set of rubber floor mats as well.

you need a vin for FLOOR MATS?:crazy:

How many different floor mats did they make for the 2004 forester XT?

or the rear wiper arm for that matter.

I went to the office to complain to the manager about this and he totally defended the parts "manager" that I was complaining about. In the end I asked him how he managed to even sell cars when he turned away business for parts, he said, "it's magic I guess":Banane36:

That drove me nuts I wanted to rip out his jugular when he said :chair:

· Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
OK,
I got my parts!:Banane14:
took a drive to one dealer in Stamford, CT.

He asked me for the vin I told him I didn't have it (I was lying I did have it on my blackberry). When I told him I didn;t have it he was willing to help me by looking it up for me, I stopped him and told him my vin. I thanked him told him I appreciated his help he said he didn't have it but could order it.

Told him no thanks I'll check back with him. Super nice guy was about to go out of his way to help me out. I drove up to Milford, CT (was on my way there anyways) and stopped at a dealership there. I told the guy what I needed, he gave it to me, he even cut me a break on the price. Never asked me for a vin or part number, just year model and trim. I got the rear arm the blade and the set of rubber all weather mats for the front and back for $104 dollars tax included.

That guy in Rye, NY was just a:yell:

I knew it!

· Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
While notoriously bad anyone that goes to the dealer a second time without a VIN deserves what they get. Why anyone would buy parts at the dealer with the discounts online is beyond me.
If you read the pot correctly you would understand that I HAD the Vin.

all you had to do was read the post the second time I went I had the vin, the guy I finally bought the part from didn't need it.

I got the parts at the dealer for the same price than online if you include shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts