Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT Premium 5MT
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm working on my car and I broke a hose. After searching, I can't figure out what I broke. It was a hose passing over the turbo that had gotten crispy from all the heat. I've circled what I broke in the picture below (not my car). What is it?

You may be thinking, "Just search for it you dingleberry." -- Already tried it, and don't know enough about it to be successful.

You may also be thinking, "You're such a big dummy that you shouldn't be working on any cars." -- Yeah, I'm working on that.

·
Registered
2004 Malfunctioning turbo 5MT
306 Posts
That looks like one of the lines that leads to/from your boost control solenoid. The other one leads to the outlet where your turbo connects to the intercooler. I'm spacing on the exact purpose of the one you broke but you're gonna want to fix it ASAP as it reads air pressure pre-turbo and may cause weird ECU/boost readings. If someone knows more about this or wants to correct me, feel free to add

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 06 STI V9 Spec-C Six Speed
815 Posts
TimmayXT seems to be correct that is the line that leads to the boost controller should only be a few bucks to replace from subaru.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts