Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2013 Forester 2.0 i-L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is my first ever post. I was cleaning below my driver side dash and had to remove the lower kick panel. I saw this unplugged wires. Im not sure if I unintentionally disconnected when I removed the panel.

What is this plug for? Im not sure but I read somewhere in the forum that this is for the security system upgrade for keyless entry.

Should I reconnect it?

I just want to be safe. Thank you
Wire Electrical wiring Auto part Technology Automotive exterior

· Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
43,671 Posts
@Okidoki welcome to the forum from Oregon!

That is to enable the security system "passive arming" option. In the earlier model Owner's Manual there was this, which was omitted after the 2004 model year Owner's Manual.

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

· Registered
2013 Forester 2.0 i-L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @2.5x_sleeper Thank you for the kind welcome!

Also I'm really grateful that you've sent a copy of the manual screenshot. Thank you for being friendly.

I could not find this info anywhere and your answer will help me sleep soundly! Thanks again!

Hope you're safe during this pandemic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts