Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been having problems with my car while driving. When I am at low RPMs/ braking the engine, battery, oil, and ABS lights come on and my power steering goes to ****. Today I got home and popped the hood and my car was smoking. I don’t think it’s the alternator because I had it checked and it’s putting out the power it need but I do think it’s the part next to it. What is the name of that part? I’ll post a picture. Also am I crazy for thinking it’s that part?
image.jpg

·
Premium Member
2016 Forester 2.5iPremium CVT
12 Posts
It looks like you’re pointing at the HVAC pump. It is a single part, although I have replaced the electronic clutch on a 04 Impreza. Not a pretty job, but kicking the can down the road when I need to replace the pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,691 Posts
@fxt2 that was my first thought, but then, I remembered the later models went to a "stretch belt".

@E2019
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
383 Posts
I would call it "AC Compressor".

If it is seizing, it certainly could add additional strain on your engine. Kind of like trying to accelerate while applying the brakes at the same time.

The AC is an accessory. You could drive your car without the belt being on there. You wouldn't even get any warning lights on the dash.

Only problem: (as already mentioned above) the belt is a stretch-fit belt. It IS possible to remove it and re-install it, but the proper way to do it is to cut off the belt and install a new stretch-fit belt.

And... if there is no problem with the AC compressor, you've wasted that money...

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
659 Posts
That's the AC compressor and as you stated the item to the left is the alternator.

BTW, completing the data about your car details in your profile would help us help you, I've not seen a 2019 with aluminum intake manifold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts