Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick search to see if someone had started a thread like this. Please point it out to me (nicely) if one exists.
I had to help my aunt deliver a new tv to her house. It is the largest single object Moose has transported (inside). Can you say 55" HDTV IN THE BOX?

I was stunned!:icon_surprised: Chalk up one more for the versatility of the Forester.:rock:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
78 Posts
Not a single item but, I have fit 6 grown men, 4 dogs, and 6 mtn bikes and riding gear for a short shuttle up to the top of little bald mountain. I wasn't cramped but the people in the back were. The Bikes were on the back but it still counts right? we passed a group of riders on the way up and all of us slid down in our seat a bit. Guess they should of bought a Subaru huh?

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Full size couch. I don't know if it counts as "in". Had to take the legs off, and it stuck out the back a little past the open hatch. For some reason me and 2 of my friends went to pick it up, was quite a fun ride for my 1 buddy when we realized the only seat left was...laying on the couch sticking out the back of the forester.

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
My mother-in-law!

Ba-dum-bum

But seriously, I think it may have been one of the removable rear bench seats from my dad's old Aerostar minivan. Not super-big. We've had some jam-packed loads in there, though.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Full size washing machine and a huge treadmill. Not at the same time.
That reminds me. I did fit a washer, dryer and double oven at seperate times. I forgot washers have a lot of left over water in them from when they get tested and it leaked all over my hatch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Changing table for a nursery(assembled). It was a perfect fit for the cargo opening. Reminded me of the 2009 Forester youtube videos where the big screen tv fits in the Forester but not the competition.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X Auto
141 Posts
1 pretty heavy (for me) wooden closet (in a box) - this stuff assembles to a 6x4x3 closet - all crammed into the box.
Another time 2 26' bikes inside the trunk(bigger part of back seat lowered) along with wife and child.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,138 Posts
46" Sony Bravia lcd... and it's accompanying t.v. stand that can fit a 65" t.v.

Together they weighed close to 200 lbs and took up quite a bit of space.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I fit a 61" JVC HDTV, a 40", 250 lb Mitsubishi CRT TV, a treadmill, a 6ft tall wall cabinet and even a riding lawn mover!
Riding lawn mower?:huh: LOL

Not a single item but, I have fit 6 grown men, 4 dogs, and 6 mtn bikes and riding gear for a short shuttle up to the top of little bald mountain. I wasn't cramped but the people in the back were. The Bikes were on the back but it still counts right? we passed a group of riders on the way up and all of us slid down in our seat a bit. Guess they should of bought a Subaru huh?
That must have been great to see everyone, including the dogs, climb out. So th3e Forester doubles as a clown car, too?.:biggrin:

Full size washing machine and a huge treadmill. Not at the same time.
Who needs U-Haul anymore? Those washers still have water...

was able to transport a 1978 kawasaki KZ400 :)
Like this? Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

I stole the pic.:icon_redface:

full size couch
Cool. Wish I had snapped a photo when I did my haul...

·
Registered
2002 MY03 XS
136 Posts
A Subaru two seater couch, stretching from the front seats to the tail gate and to the roof linining, transported to the OzFoz Sydney Rally and back home. Mind you, we were positioned so far from everyone else, it didn't really get any use.

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
A 36" x 80" door and frame bought from Lowes, with the complete screen door assembly. It slid all the way forward and touched the rear view mirror when I shut the hatch. I had to drive with my head tilted and my wife laying across the back seats, man I wish I had a picture of it.

·
Registered
2002 Forester S 4AT
88 Posts
Largest single item - push lawn mower. Not real big, I know. But I have also put 10 people in it at the same time. The suspension sat so low I got hung on a parking block, didn't realize it was stuck till I pulled it out and ran over it...

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
702 Posts
A L'il Tykes Kitchen. Someone had put it out by the roadside with a "free" sign on it. Wife asked me to get it. Thing was freakin' huge! I had to tilt it to stand it in the cargo bay. My wife cleaned it, put it on craigslist, sold it for $25.
Steve
09 2.5X AT

1 - 20 of 61 Posts