Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does one signal one's intention with a blip or two of the accelerator or is pure stealth the order of the day?

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
I always get "upset" when there's an idoit racing his accelerator in the
lane next to me

But after work today

I heard a familar sound..

a few revs of boxer rumble

look over

and bam

its a silver wrx wagon, he basicly gives a friendly wave, but we dont really
race

I never "put on" illegal races

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not illegal in this country to PUSH to the speed limit.
Maximus

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
and if you are making excess noise in the process, also possibly an offence.

Police have some rather wide powers to pull over vehicles they suspect that are "racing" even within the speed limit.

Choose your time and place wisely, especially with respect to the safety of you and others.

On my way back from out west today, a young guy in a riced Liberty (non GT) raced past with a Skyline (also with a young guy in it)

They ended up next to each other in front of me at the next set of lights and took off in a hell of a hurry with their 4 inch pipes belching smoke and engines throwing out the sound of tortured metal

I kept well back. This was with a lot of traffic in the vicinty and shops (with kids and parents) on both sides.

Just bloody stupid.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Boca_Yid said:
I love the Aussie lingo. ;)
I speak a bit...Foster's :wink:

Here in the U.S. the kids will roll by and hit the hazards to get you to bite. Flashing the hazards after you dust someone is a way of gloating, too.

I used to get more attention in my Prelude, but the Forester solved that problem.
stealth > rice

·
Registered
70 Posts
Northwest Tan said:
I speak a bit...Foster's
Be careful! I'm surprised that F word didn't get filtered, as it is extremely offensive to us Aussies! :wink:

Now Fosters isn't a real beer....Coopers is the real thing!!! :drool:

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Griffo said:
Be careful! I'm surprised that F word didn't get filtered, as it is extremely offensive to us Aussies! :wink:

Now Fosters isn't a real beer....Coopers is the real thing!!! :drool:
Fosters :barfs

I agree, terrible word and should be banned from the english language :cool:

Now Coopers Pale Ale - that phrase should be emblazoned on the forehead of every Aussie at birth :Banane36:

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Boca_Yid said:
I love the Aussie lingo. ;)
So did all the american ladies when we lived in the states (mind you, I'm actually a Kiwi but I do have Aussie citizenship).

We are all the same to our North American friends eh :wiggle:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Candy said:
(mind you, I'm actually a Kiwi but I do have Aussie citizenship).

:
So that's why you're so bloody argumentative!Just joking.I'll count to sux and go away.
Maximus

H

·
0 Posts
Pure stealth for me..... Then again, blipping the throttle with the axle back makes a great sound and when one of these idiots is next to me and I'm in a playful mood I might give it a few squirts to get his blood pressure raised...... and then toddle off at the green while he wastes half his tyre tread and a lot of fuel racing himself down the road... They don't know what they are next to until they come alongside and see the bonnet scoop... gotta love that "little surprise". Can't deny there have been times also when stares across the chasm between the cars have indicated a willingness to partake... :drool:

Ron.....

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess it depends on whether the other car is going to be competitive and the driver is not still in nappies.Then a little wasted rubber might be in order.
Maximus

H

·
0 Posts
Maximus said:
I guess it depends on whether the other car is going to be competitive and the driver is not still in nappies.Then a little wasted rubber might be in order.
Maximus
Agreed....:biggrin:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dont try my patience by edging forward, staring, blipping your hazards and opening your window only to make a sharp left hand turn - very bad manners!

Not that it happened to me

Justin.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A sly look and then focus on the lights and other traffic:drive:

Simon

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
99% of the time its just instinct, for me at least

Its a rare occurance that both cars involved will jump off the line though

·
Registered
2006 XTA
551 Posts
You can usually feel when someone beside you needs a lesson. Like arriving at the lights under heavy braking, or edging forward, revving a bit, or mistakenly jumping forward when a turn arrow appears.
I try to avoid any eye contact , as this makes it "personal" not a good idea in today's world. If you should be beside them again at the next lights, I take off slow ,as usually they will bust a gut to try to win this time and it can be fun to watch them missing gears etc.;-)

Cheers :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts