Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5 XT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. calipers could be fitted to the Forester. What would people pay for such a kit with all the necessary hardware (brackets or hubs disks, pads and lines)?

The reason I'm asking is that Porsche calipers are fairly cheap in comparison to the Brembo's for Subaru. And there's loads on the used market.. and fleaBay. And you would get the coolest brakes there is :)

:bling:

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5 XT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I'm asking is that I have a contact who might be willing to produce and put together a "kit". I'm just trying to see what kind of interest there is.

I know I could get used to the 6-pots that are on the Cayenne Turbo :)

·
Registered
01 Forester 5MT
136 Posts
^^There you go. I just don't think there are many forester owners that would "need" this mod. But it could cross over to other subaru models that are utilized on the track more often. Also the fitment of wheels will be an issue.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5 XT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a couple of different types of the Porsche calipers, the 996/Boxster ones arent really that big. They should fit under a 17" rim..

·
Registered
27 car gear
846 Posts
Unless the relevant brake math is done, to verify that the factory porsche piston's are appropriate, this upgrade will be useless.

Bolting on a larger caliper with some bling from a brand name is a bad idea without the right research done first, not about it fitting, but it actually working with the factory braking system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts