Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHEATING LOSER said:
take math placement test for me (cupertino)

Date: 2009-11-05, 7:13PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I need someone to take the math placement test for me at a community college asap. This individual must be at least at statistics level, and willing to take a short test upon meeting(10 questions or so) to prove that you are the right candidate for the task
Physical Requirement: female, dark dark, light eyes, Caucasian

pay is negotiable
What happens when she gets placed in the highly advanced class, and can't do the work? Or does this placement test lead to a job taking the class for her? What does she gain from not learning the required subject?

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
No idea, however at my college the math placement exams let you skip over the mostly useless (for IT) calc and similar classes and go right to discrete math and advanced data analysis. But seriously, you just go take the exam, cheating like that at my school would get you kicked out in a second.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
It could be a placement test to place out of the math requirement. Not all majors require advanced level mathematics.

I've taken a BUNCH of higher level math classes, so I don't think I would qualify skillset-wise for her job. The "basics" have become so ingrained and customized to how I think, that I probably couldn't solve a statistics problem without having to reteach it all to myself during the test. I'm currently tutoring an 11th grader in pre-cal. I didn't realize how little I actually use polynomial manipulation in my otherwise math-intensive daily life.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
It's amazing how little we use of most everything we learn in school :)

Take elementary school US History for example. The single most helpful thing from that was identifying Benjamin Franklin on my hundreds. Screw the rest. lol

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's amazing how little we use of most everything we learn in school :)

Take elementary school US History for example. The single most helpful thing from that was identifying Benjamin Franklin on my hundreds. Screw the rest. lol
And THIS is a prime example of why we have Jeff Foxworthy on television proclaiming, "You are NOT smarter than a 5th grader". :icon_razz:

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
hahahaha i love that show! i can actually answer most of the questions though (luckily!). i guess i took more from elementary school than i thought.

his "she's not only cute, but she's smart too!" comment is getting annoying though... does it every day almost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts